So last time I posted, I had a checklist.
- Finish my Master’s thesis… almost there.
- Complete Part 2 of the radiology boards, hopefully this time next year I will have my diplomate status with AAOMR.
- Find work. This is where things get tough. As it is right now, there are simply no opportunities out there right now. Believe me, I have looked.
Here is an update of the checklist…
- Check… and what an amazing feeling it is. Honestly, best feeling in the world is making your master’s thesis presentation and everything going well and smooth. I am happy here and for me it is simply a matter of graduation.
- Part 2 is still pending… obviously I can’t do much about this until the boards actually come up. Till then; I wait.
- Check (kind of). Is it enough work to replace general dentistry for me? Not even close… I was/am wildly successful as a general dentist. Even for a minimal dental salary it doesn’t come close. Is it a nice thing to have as a part time gig… possibly an hour a day after work? I think so. I love radiology, always have and I think for me the learning experience is more than enough. At this point will it replace my need to practice dentistry? No way, but maybe 5 years down the line we can see some huge successes and I can finally reach my goal of being a full time radiologist.
For now, these are the updates that I have. I’m hoping to provide more relevant information for the private sector as time progresses. For now if you want any specific topic covered, feel free to make comment. I hope people continue to find the blog useful and really get an idea what radiology is like right now.